Monday, June 3, 2013

Shooting stars.

From my bed room window you can see the ocean.

There is an identical apartment building a crossed from my own. You can see that too.

Sometimes, if you wait long enough you can see quirky things happening in the windows. My favorite was a man. I know it was a man because of the hair on his arms, and that was the only clue i had to who this person was. That, and that he smoked.

The windows in Spain are dressed funny. Some of them have metal covers that you can pull down when you want to hide. Mine do. and because mine do, so do the windows a crossed from me.

This particular window was hiding. It was a gray day which makes hiding prime. After a long while the window opened from the bottom just slightly. It was then that i met the hairy arm. The hairy arm also had a leg. I know because i saw him using it to sit on the window seal. Thats all i saw for a long while, but not the kind of long while that puts you to sleep more like the kind of while that it feels like when you are waiting for the shower to get hot. Then it happened. The hairy arm showed himself and in his hand a cigarette. The man sitting in the window seal was uncomfterably straining himself to quietly smoke a cig. and in my mind i wanted to know why. I didnt want to know simply to know or because i was curious even.

And so i concluded that really, it was that i didnt want to know. I like the half shown stories these windows could tell.

This brings me to my own story. Looking out my own square in the building, thinking of the picture my window was painting- I saw a shooting star. From my bed room window you can see the ocean. There is an identical apartment building a crossed from my own and you can see that too. Sometimes, if you wait long enough you can see quirky things happening in the windows and to someone that night i was that thing. A girl, maybe 22 (or 14..hard to tell when its dark) wishing on a star.


Maybe.



No comments:

Post a Comment